11/9/08

I am a slacker in the blog department...


But I can't help it!!!! My plate is so full right now, but being a Sunday morning waiting for Michael to get out of the shower, I might as well give a run of the past two months...
I DID get a job about a month ago, which I totally love. I now work at Cherry Creek mortgage and I am an LOA. It is pretty chill as I get to do all of the "loan related" tasks as well as her marketing. I get to use my creativity and design skills. I really got lucky with this opportunity, because I get to flex my schedule to fit with school, I get paid just as well as Countrywide, and it is approx. 2 miles from my house.

Also HIGHER GROUND takes a lot of my energy. I am now in charge of ALL the companies (there is 5) and the hip hop classes and Pom and Cheer, and I teach solos and private lessons. Good thing I love teaching there, and love the girls, all 80 of them, cause it is a lot of work.

Choreography Jobs. I'm not really sure how my name got out there, but I am thankful for the choreography job I landed these past couple month. It helped make up for the month that I was semi-unemployed. Skyline's Homecoming production, Queen Creek HS competition routine, and MHS Homecoming and concert hip hop dance. If anyone ever needs choreography, Forward them my call!

OUR CARS. Yes... I did sell my Jeep and buy a more fuel efficient car. I miss my Jeep, but my new Suzuki Hatchback is wonderful. It is great not being a slave to the pump and it's even better now that gas is almost to $2.oo!!!!! I did already get in an accident, because my name is Calli and that's just what I'm good at. Never my fault, but I just attract them. This one didn't really count cause Jim backed into me in response to his excitement over a fast-food commercial. It is all better now after being in the shop a week.
Ladies and Gentlemen... Michael payed off his truck!!! That was our biggest form of debt and it is now gone! Yes it was hard, but we did it.

SCHOOL. Oh school would be the other aspect consuming our lives. We asked Jim and Shalene last night, "Like... What do you guys do at night time?" It is just interesting because after we get home from work/school/dance/church callings, we have homework all night long. ASU is a killer. Prices are going up, less classes are being offered, so making a schedule is a beast. At least I am almost graduated so I can be done with that stress. I do love school though. I have really enjoyed learning and growing intellectually, getting involved in community programs, meeting people, It has been fun. not sure if Michael would agree because he is still in the bulk of his business classes...

Cant wait until this is over, because it's one more thing on my plate to me in charge of...
Im bitter at my mom for giving the Stake my number. Well I guess it's not too bad, I teach YSA and "specialty" so I don't deal with rambunctious teenagers!!

BIGGEST LOSER. My family and I were competing in the biggerst loser contest. For the past two weigh-ins we have skipped because we got lazy and stopped trying. But before that I was kicking everyone's trash. I was down 9 LBS!!! Im sure that's not the case anymore, but Im gettin back on track so I can kick some more trash!! bring it on Family!!!

FUN. This has been slightly limited due to our busy lives, but we manage to squeeze things in to stay sane. We went to snowflake a month ago for a car show and to chill at Jesica's Dad's rad house. It was really fun. We had a glam party at Shalene's house. If you wanna see pictures, she has a slide show of all of us GLAMMED up!! October I busted my butt at the studio getting ready for the fair performance and got sick for Halloween, deathly sick the whole november 1st weekend, and it took up all my weekends. With that being over I am healthy again and have my weekends back! HOORAY!

GOOD JOB MICHAEL. for doing the triathalon. Michael completed a triathalon on NOV 1st. He even had a sprained ankle from playing sand volleyball in non-soft, fake, AZ sand. He had to walk most of it and had a hard time swimming, but he didn't give up, he still finished. His competitors (family/friends) might have beat him, but I doublt they would have even done it if they were that injured! You are a winner to me M!!!

There is so much more, but I have officially written a novel, so I will just try to frequently update to avoid this issue in the future... hahaha!

11 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Wow Calli you guys are insanely busy. I got tired just reading your blog!

Tricia said...

Wow...Mesa is a wonderful place, but can definitely take it out of you. Take care of yourself! But, I am glad things are going so well for you.

ANDERSONS said...

You guys have been up to alot and staying busy, but I am glad to hear everything is going good.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Wow! Seems like you definitely keep busy my friend! I don't know how you can juggle all of the things that you do! You are amazing! I miss dance a lot but now I totally understand why you have ZERO time this month! :)

Jheri said...

What?!? You got in an accident? Is it mean that I laughed when I read that? I also laughed at the fact that you were trying to lose weight...still can't believe you were wearing skin tight black spandex to class...who can still do that? Seriously, you are awesome! Not sure what I'd do without you at the studio! Thanks for everything!!

The Garlock's said...

Yes, you are a blog slacker, but that kinda happens when your crazy busy. Don't you just miss those days of not having a job when we did nothing all day?!

Calli O. said...

yes Yes I do... I should have vegged out a little more!

Shawnda and Nathan Mills said...

hey calli! Can i get your address please! E-mail me at dawlsb22@aol.com thanks

Shawnda and Nathan Mills said...

hey calli! Can i get your address please! E-mail me at dawlsb22@aol.com thanks

melissa hogle said...

Calli - I have officially started stalking your blog! I think its so cute! So I had to add you to our list!

AMIT said...

Hey good post.

Work from home