1/5/10

Christmas, New Years, The Snow

Being the youngest child in my family, I take traditions very seriously.  My family has always been real big on traditions and I think we have fun ones.  Reality and the growing rate of our families doesn't help the situation.  It seems every year gets more and more scattered and thrown together.  So my christmas was good, but a bit of a let down.  I guess it's just time for Michael and I to get some rad, totally awesome traditions of our own going! Question... Why is it that grandkids control everything?


These pics are of Michael and I getting in the truck Christmas Eve morning. You can tell we were real excited for all the holiday festivies!



This is my whole family Christmas Eve Night in our "recycled Christmas" t-shirts.  That was our theme for gift giving and what not.  After we drew names we had to come up with 3 gifts for our recipient. "Something bottled, something baked, something old that you remake."  It was fun to see what people recycled into cool gifts.  I really liked forcing people to be creative and not just pick something up a few days before.
These are my neices and nephews in their random cuteness!


I love Michael and Max having a special storytime moment!

New Years Eve actually turned out to be really fun this year.  We had a shin dig at Shalene's house and there ended up being like 14 of us toasting with our martinelli's at midnight.  Of course there were rockets and fire being thrown and set off in the backyard, because my husband is a pyromaniac. We just played games and ate good food, pot luck style.  It was a decent time! Shalene took pictures that night so those will be posted later.

New Years Day we went to Thatcher to go tubing in the snow.  Mt. Gram is the place there that has snow.  It was really fun because I think the last time I did that was when I was about 2 years old!  Michael's grandparents were super adventurous and did everything we did.  It's a different feeling when you can hang out with your grandparents and it's cool!

Michael posing nicely next to the snow.

Not a hot tub Michael... a porch.

I ripped a hole in my pants while lunging to put my boots on!

Our pathetic attempt at a snowman. You can't see the Homer Simpson hair very well... You can tell we know it's really lame!

Good shot of the mountain.



3 comments:

Kelsi Fullmer said...

Amen to the beginning of your post. Grandkids do control everything.(and sometimes sis in laws) but I am a tradition nazi.

With Love, Bobbi said...

Don't give up on traditions, its the duty of the children to carry on.... us old(er) people get tired...
Love the snow pics!!

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.