1/18/10

New Job, New Goals, New Year

2010 has been pretty nice to me so far. I have had 3 job offers, haven't got sick, made some goals that I have actually stuck to.


The Job: Forever Fit by MD.

I am a nutrition counselor, instructor.  After patients get there medical history and physical done, they come to me and we do a full body composition analysis and talk about metabolism, Calorie intake, and macronutrient ratios. Pretty much I help them understand their present status, set a goal of where they want to be and then teach them how to acheive it through diet and lifestyle changes.  It's cool and the people that I work with are all so nice and friendly.  I think it was meant to be.  I am also going to be doing personal consulting on the side so if you have referrals or you are interested in learning about your body and how to make it feel better e-mail me. nutritionbycalli@gmail.com

Health: Me good, Michael bad.

Michael has had this horrible cough for a while now and we've been fighting off any worse conditions with healthy eating and rest, but this weekend it got him. Coughing all night, pressure in his head and a really bad plugged ear.  I think he's getting better, but I can never tell. (You know how guys like to drag out their pity parties...)


New Years Goals: Semi-sticking to them

After Thanksgiving I had this desire or urge to run a half marathon.  I'm not a runner, not a jogger, but I feel like "if the extremely unhealthy people on Biggest Loser can do it, then I should be able to." So I started runing with my friend Jena and we would go 3 miles for a while, then 4, then 5. A week ago we went 7 miles.  It wasn't even that bad... Except for mile 7 killed me.  I felt like I was 98 years old and 500 LBS.  Well, I finished and was proud of myself until I tried to run after that and couldn't make it past 4 miles without my knee (the one that has screws in it) cracking and swelling up. So I decided running isn't for me.  It was a good motivator, but it's not worth possibly injuring myself more than I need. I have an alternative...


Work Out Club. Now that looks fun!

My mom makes fun of me, but I don't care, I just like to organize things that make me and others happy. I've grown to love exercising outdoors, especially in this amazing weather. Anyway, I am starting a work out club.  It will be 3 times a week at a park and we will run, climb, lunge, push-up, and squat until we are fit. I will run it and anyone can come that wants to get on a schedule of working out and be motivated.  Comment if you're interested or e-mail me nutritionbycalli@gmail.com

ALSO, check out my top ten "DO's" for 2010 HERE!!!

6 comments:

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Wish I could come to work out club. Sounds fun. Congrats on your job. You'll be great.

Jill said...

If it makes you feel any better there was a scandal in the running world that didn't get much press, but it did to runners. Some contestants from Biggest Loser weren't going to finish their marathon in the allotted time so the production crew picked them up in a car and drove them closer to the finish line and then filmed their triumphant finish.

Brenden+Nikki said...

That is so awesome that you're using your degree Calli! That really doesn't happen often these days! Congrats!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.